Fall asleep
Let me fall asleep, doze into peaceful slumber
Where my body lies between heaven and earth
Each inhale and exhale a dance with death
Slow rhythmic beats of my heart
Body paralyzed, eyes wide open
Fast stressed breaths
My sleep paralysis demon watching smiling
Sitting atop of me
My lips are sealed, small mumbles only
I do my best to shake her off of me
When I wake I catch my breath
I don't see them in the room with me
I feel her presence, I try to take my peace
I return to my slumber, wrap myself in the bed sheets
Listen to the sounds outside
I fall asleep, doze into peaceful slumber
Where my body lies between heaven and earth
Each inhale and exhale a dance with death
Slow rhythmic beats of my heart

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. If your comment is a question, please allow up to 24 hours for a response.