A brief history of my writing
(A brief history of my writing)
Sliced wrist empty pill bottles blood-drenched bandages
Tears pain consistent lies abuse and pulled hair
Writing through the pain, drawing through the abuse
Video games as an escape diving deep into the characters
Books drown out the sounds of her yells and screams
Shielding me from all forms of assault
Lyrically inspired, rhymes, rhythms, syllables, verbs, nouns, adjectives
Mary had a little lamb, Mexican Heaven, Sonnet 43
Queer Lesbiana Marimacha dyke lipstick lesbian
Erika Sanchez, Sonora Reyes, Natalie Diaz
Words blanket me like waves over sand
They come they go they rise they fall
Moon cycles affecting the tides and emotions
Lovely when the words come
Distressed when I lose the tides
Words can pour out like Summer rain during Arizona Monsoon season
Days of letters, letters into words, words into rhythms
Arizona heat dries up the beds of summer rain, droughts
My mind and body yearn for the words to say to write down
I struggle, I cry to my muse ask if they have left me
I plead to my muse, ask if they will ever give me words that flow
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. If your comment is a question, please allow up to 24 hours for a response.