Purposefully Starvation
What makes this world so wonderful
Making your friends smile
Children's laughter
A bite of your favorite dish
Celebrating your birthday with chosen family
Finding money in your winter coat
Having your partner by your side and hearing them express their love for you
And within a blink of an eye, the earth shakes, buildings collapse, worlds collide, and wars begin.
Everything you once loved is gone.
No more children's laughter but the words from a mother, “It felt like someone took my heart away or stabbed me with a knife”,said in response of the loss of her baby who died because of malnutrition
Blockades surrounding and ostracizing a nation
Purposeful starvation
Causing refugees to be in a forced concentration camps, an ethnic cleansing
Even the US has their hands in this pot, giving money to the ones who want to see CHILDREN AND THE ELDERLY DIE
Children are willing to give their bits and pieces of food for their starving pets over themselves
Parents mourning for babies born starving, skin and bones
Their fight is just as much our fight
We are an already divided country, and watching our government be okay with the deaths of so many is more than unfair
Meanwhile on our homeland we have the same
Slowly ethnically cleansing the lands that were never meant to be cleansed
The only cleansing needed is a mal de ojo and a bundle of sage or maybe palo santo
Expel the demons out of the white house
I wish it were that easy
I know I write as of late of injustices
Peace is certainly something I wish to attain
But I wish for it amongst these lands and foreign places
For love of the elderly and children's faces
As a mother this breaks my heart
As a person of color it makes me sick to my stomach
And if it doesn't bother you, you're part of the problem
You are that broken cog in the clock of life
Instead of opening your heart and eyes, you follow the wolf’s lies
I can only wish for these wars to be over
And wish love and hope for all the mothers
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. If your comment is a question, please allow up to 24 hours for a response.