Pinche Gringo

What am I to you, am I an equal?
I hear you out there, speaking out loud, telling your friends that you are, "woke".
When every time someone like me begins to speak, you sit there and interrupt me with your ignorant croak.
Does my complexion offend your snow white skin?
Do my full lips that speak about injustice, frighten you, scare you, and hurt you?
Por favor, dime, por que, Please tell me why.
YOU tell me to go back to my land, but in reality, this land isn't yours, now is it. 
This white washed bullshit, these pinche gringos.
¡Pero NO!
¡No me digas que yo no soy de aquí!
Do not tell me that I am not from here, while you stand there and act queer. 
My words are true, mis palabras son ciertas.
¡Pinche gringos!
When will our truth be in your textbooks, cuando, dime cuando.
It is our truth, when we believe that we would rather die on our feet, then to live a lifetime on our knees.
Please, please, oh please.
¡Pinche gringos!
What makes you think that because you have a friend that is "Hispanic" that it makes you not a racist?
When really you are just as bad as those that yell obscenities to hard working Latinos, you my dear are like a cyst!
Un quiste, that grows from all the lies, privileges and cultural appropriation.
¡Pinche gringos!
I hear you, I see you, and I feel your energy.
I won't let you take my voice away, I will fight for others and I will be their voice too. 
Pinche gringos, tengo el poder and you won't see when I will take yours away from you.

Comments

Popular Posts